Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sprachkurs, Essen, Hausaufgaben, Schlaf... Und Ich warte.

The above reads: Language camp, eat, homework, sleep, and I wait. That has been how the last few days have gone. I am only in Celle for 8 more days, but it feels like that will never end. I am very anxious to begin at my new school in Burg. School here is okay, but only learning German for 4 hours a day can get really boring. I love to learn about it, but there is a certain point where it becomes to much to take in all at once. I am besieged by all of the vocab I must learn at home, and at school I have to learn all of the proper grammar. However, I am beginning to be able to look at something, and automatically know the word for it, instead of having to stop for 5 or 6 seconds while someone is waiting for me to think of the words. It makes things a little bit less embarrassing.

Some of the more exciting things for me this week might seem rather dull to anyone not here. Lets see. I successfully: took money out of the ATM, found my own way by bike to something that was a little bit complicated to get to, and successfully contributed to dinner table conversation regarding the world news. Normally those things aren't very hard, but when only speaking German, simple things become much more difficult. Lately I have been very tired, and going to bed pretty early.

Oh! I played my family at German Monopoly the other night. I think that they were a little mad that I could be winning when the game was in their language. They all kept saying I just had good luck ;) Also, the word peanuts, used in the phrase "das ist peanuts" aka "thats worth peanuts" is international. It was my host dad's favorite thing to say while playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment