Monday, September 13, 2010

Deutschland!

I'm Here!

Germany is so wonderful! Travel was very tiring, but it was worth it. First was an 8 and 1/2 hour train ride, and then a 3 hour train ride with a 1 hour stopover. Very long to be sitting, but it was definitely worth it! Seeing the German countryside as I travelled 200 km/hour past it was an amazing experience.

When I got to the train station I was met by my host brother Tom and mein mutter Denise. They are very nice, and so are my other sisters, Leah and Valerie. My Host father Harold is very funny and he like to joke around with Tom, mostly about whose favorite Fußball team is better.  Yesterday he, Tom and I went running in the woods. It was fun!

I stayed up for about 40 hours from start to finish on the two days that I travelled, an I lost six hours due to the time change. It was good however, because I did not even have to deal with the Jetlag, I beat it in just one night!

The food here is ridiculously fresh, and everything that I have eaten so far has been very good. Sunday Harold asked me to help him make ein apfel strudle. It was very good, and we ate it with a sort of dessert sauce that we do not have in the United States. Another interesting thing is the water here. At all meal times, sparkling water is served. Hmm.

Today I had my first day of class, and it was very interesting. The teacher speaks to us only in Deutsch, but it is okay because I feel like I am learning by association instead of translation.

Celle, the town that I am staying in, is extremely old, and very beautiful. There is the main feature of a castle, (ein schloss). I have been a few times, and am still in the tourist mode of taking pictures and staring at everything.

That is all I have for now, and I will write again soon! Oh! I am travelling to Luxembourg for a 4 day visit from Thursday night to Sunday with mein familie! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment