Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hannover vs Verder Bremen!

Last night I went to my first Bundesliga game! It was Hannover vs. Verder Bremen, which is a really exciting matchup. Usually, Hannover is not very good, and Verder Bremen is at the top of the League. Not now though! This season, Hannover is doing extremely well! They won last night 4-1 in a game that should have been about 7-1 because of some easy missed chances. It was really exciting to watch them play some of the best soccer I have ever seen.

What really makes the game worth going to is the fans for either side. Hannover was home, and as my family are Hannover fans, I was too! There were about 30,000 Hannover fans and 13,000 Verder Bremen fans. Both sides were equally crazy, Hannover's chants were beter, but when Verder scored, their fans lit off several flares! It was a great atmosphere to watch in. Especially because Hannover won!

One other thing that I wanted to mention was German TV. Here they have american sitcoms and cartoons all redone in Deutsch. They even make the mouth move correctly! I was amazed. Also, I love the sports highlights here. They consist of 25 minutes of soccer and 5 minutes of handball. So much better than American Sportscenter!

No comments:

Post a Comment