Monday, September 6, 2010

The Night Before Orientation!

Right now its about midnight and I am in a hotel a little ways outside the bustling city of Washington DC. I have been here for a few days already, checking out colleges and seeing the sights. Yesterday I had a big day at American University where I met up with my friend Amy who volunteered to show me around. Together we ate at American and then headed onto the metro to explore DC. We decided to see her favorite monument, the FDR memorial, and then continued around the path to the Jefferson Memorial.  Both were really cool, but I was a little concerned because there was a lot of construction outside of the Jefferson memorial, apparently its sinking! The rest of the day went pretty smoothly at American, and around nine I headed back to the hotel on the metro.

Today I slept in. When we finally awoke, my dad and I decided to check out the huge mall here in DC called Tyson's Corner. Needless to say it is the largest mall that I have ever been in, with over two hundred stores. Tonight there was a huge college football game in the city, Boise St. vs. Virginia Tech. Boise St. orange and blue has been all over the city for the past two days.  We watched it, and Boise St. won!

Now I'm waiting in the lobby for pizza that we are having delivered, and also taking advantage of the free wifi. I have been trying to think of anything that I forgot at home, and I cannot. I have slowly realized that so long as I have my passport and my debit card I should be all set. Since leaving Grafton I have worried less and less, and am now just extremely excited for check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment