Friday, September 24, 2010

Deutsch Schule

Yesterday I went to Gymnasium with Tom. Gymnasium is the German equivalent to American prep school, and that is what I will be attending once my Deutschkurs here in Celle is finished. In his school there are varying schedules. Some days he is at school from 8 until 5:15. Other days from 8 to 12, and other days from 8 to 12, a one hour break, and then until 2 or 3. Oh, and did I mention that there are 13 grades? It is all very different.

His classes were pretty interesting, even if I didn't quite understand. Math was pretty easy, which I was surprised at because I have been told how much better Germans are supposed to be at math. But they are only doing what I did last year. Tom was quite happy that I was sitting next to him and could teach him the tricks and shortcuts for the problems.

English was funny. I had not realized that most Germans speak english with a very hard british accent. Apparently it is very difficult to make the hard A and the th sounds, so the British accent suits them better.

I went to Biology, but I did not find it all that interesting. I had done most of it in freshman year, and DNA coding does not overly interest me. School was fun!

After School I went to Fußball training with Tom which was a good workout. I enjoyed doing something that I didn't have to constantly make mistakes in. The only downside to going to practice is that I must bike there and back, and it is about 10 km away, a 25 minute bike ride.

It was a good day!

Today I just went to Deutschkurs, came home, and ate lunch. Lunch is the hot meal, and usually the largest meal of the day. Afterwards I worked on my grammar with Denise. And now I'm blogging!

Ps. Today I discovered that I cannot watch Netflix, ESPN 360, or and online network channels here. I guess there are copyright and advertisement issues. Das ist sehr schlecht.

No comments:

Post a Comment