Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So much German so fast!

Mein Deutch kommt schnell! I am learning so quickly, I can say almost everything that I want to in the present tense. Its very exciting because I have only been here for 4 days now. I am still struggling with nouns, there are so many things that I need to know the names of! But that will come with time. Also, Some of the nouns are about 25 letters long because they basically stick all adjacent nouns/adjectives into one word. Its crazy.

What is important is the grammar that I am learning in school. In only 2 days of class I am fairly sure that we have learned more than I would have in a year of an American German class. Perhaps I am motivated to learn quickly because I know that I must learn it so that I can communicate for the next year. Whatever the reason, my familie and I are both surprised at how quickly I am progressing.

Today I went to school, and then to a book store, Decious, in Celle to buy a large Deutsche-English Dictionary. Both were walked to in the rain, and my father could not believe that I did not have a coat specifically for the rain. I told him that "I am not made of sugar" in Deutsche "Ich bin nicht machen auf Zucker" :).

Tonight I went out with my fater Harold to buy a phone, and we got a prepaid handy from vodafone. It's cool. It's 29 cents per call, and then free after that. I like it because it is prepaid with no credit card attached, so I can only lose however much money I put on it at a time. I will definitely mess up at some point, the phone is in German!

At six o'clock, we went to Tom's Fußball training but it was cancelled because of rain. Instead we went and played soccer with some friends at one of their houses. It was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Andrew, wicked excited that you're learning German soooo quickly. I'm jealous of the opportunity and wish I could be learning German :(

    Skype again soon :)

    Own everyone in soccer, it's Europe after all.

    --Alex :]

    ReplyDelete