Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Schloss Wendgräben, snow, dreaming in german?

I know its been a while! Sorry! College things and I've been so busy with school. I applied to American, am still really nervous, and a little bitter that I will not hear until Dec 31st, I hope earlier so that I dont have to spend app money on other schools. And so that I can sleep comfortably again. Anyways, rant complete.

For the past few weeks from monday to friday I have really just been going to school, coming back home at around 4, eating and sleeping. Last weekend was Oliver's 17th birthday on Saturday. We had two parties, one on Friday night and one on Saturday. It was a lot of fun, and we gave him his gifts on midnight friday night, which I'm told always happens. Speaking of gifts, apparently we open presents for Christmas on the 24th? One day earlier, I'm not complaining!

Since Monday of this week, I have been at Schloss Wendgräben, about a half hour away. It was a really nice castle, old outside but a new made hotel inside. I went with my history class to learn about the old DDR, the Deutsch Demikratische Republik, and the history and mentality of the citizens. Most of the people that I interact with daily are either former DDR citizens or have parents from the DDR, so it was very interesting to hear what east germany was like. The three day conference was quite enlightening.

Last night we had the first snow of the year, and it was really pretty! Everyone was really happy but then immediately decided it was time to open all of the windows? Sometimes I really wonder...

At any rate, last night I dreamed in German! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. you dreamed in german? hahah thats amazing... miss you glad you're having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete